Last Updated on 31 March 2009 Written by Administrator
Sketch has a total of 24 module positions and a total of four principle layouts. The screenshot below will help you to find your way around the module layout for the template as will the description of the positions and the module types as they appear on the demo site below it.
You can view this page to see the demo content positions.
Overview of the modules used in the demo and their respective positions:
With the Frontpage layout, it is best to avoid using the left and right module positions.
These are the module positions, and any special notes about them. Many of them can be filled with anything you choose.
- Topleft and Topright: These positions can be used for small modules. We are using the search and topmenu modules here.
- Search: We suggest placing the search box here, as we have styled it to fit perfectly!
- Logo: Here is where you can place your logo to give your page a custom brand.
- Top: Superfish menu using the extended menu module. See the superfish content item for more info.
- Avatar: This position is a simple image, but you can use it for anything you wish.
- Banner: This position is styled text, which could be used for anything you wish.
- Breadcrumb: This is where you should place the breadcrumbs for your site, its a module that helps to show visitors where they are in the site.
- User1-4: These positions are for bigger modules, such as galleries or recent content item lists.
- Advert 1-8: These little blocks are intended to provide you with the ability to put little bite sized modules into your design, and we make it easy to have up to 4 lined up in a row.
- Main Content: This is where your page content will go, when you wish to have a frontpage view, we recommend not using left or right modules.
- Left: This position allows you to place modules that will be along side the main content and right module position.
- Right: This position allows you to place modules in a separate column along side the main content and left module position.
- Footer: The footer will only display when there is something there, and is great for little messages or legal messages.
- Bottom1-4: Contains a normal Joomla menu with a flat list assigned to it.
- Copyright: This position is at the far bottom, to the right of the Joomla Bamboo link. You can use this for your copyright and other details. Note: You need an appropriate membership to remove the Joomla Bamboo link.
- Analytics: Often people want to put site tracking code directly into their pages, and we have provided this module position so you can paste in the code without having to mess with the template. It will automatically place any code at the bottom of the page.