Editing the logo.
Last Updated on 02 April 2009 Written by Administrator
In some of our past templates we have included the logo image as a background image in the css file or hard coded the image itself into the index.php file. Sketch has made this process one step easier by creating a position called logo which is where you can see the Sketch logo on the demo site.
How to edit the source file to create your own logo:
The source file for the sketch logo can be found in the zip called SketchSourceImages.zip. The file is called SketchLogo and comes in both a layered png or a layered psd file for easy editing in fireworks, photoshop or other compatible image editors. The font is called Gill Sans and is available for a small fee from here.
Editing the logo text is a matter of following a few steps - the following steps are relevant for using the fireworks image editing program by Adobe. You can download a free 30 day trial from here. And assumes that you have a copy of the Gill Sans font or a similar font available.
- Open the sketchLogo.psd or .png filer in your fireworks.
- Double click on the "sketch" text.
- Type in the name of your site.
- Click save.
- Enable the export layer by going to window --> Layers on the main menu.
- Click on the eye icon next to the layer titled logo. This should display the transparent green slice overlay.
- Right click on the slice and select export selected slice.
- Browse to the folder or location on the hard drive that you want to save the file to.
- Name the file logo.png.
Uploading your own logo to the logo position you can follow these steps:
Once you have created your own logo the next step is to upload it to the images folder in the Sketch template. You can do this via ftp or a Joomla file manager such as jXplorer.