One of the striking features of the Newstream template is the two line menu that you can see at the top of the page. This menu system uses the core Joomla menu module in addition to a slightly revamped version of the YVBB bbcode plugin that was featured on the Joomla Bamboo blog. We have rewritten parts of this plug-in to make it compatible for use in Joomla menu items without the code getting rendered in the breadcrumbs on your site.
Last Updated on Aug122010
The screenshot below shows you the modules we have published on the front page of the demo site. Please see the descriptions below regarding the usage and any other relevant information of the modules.Last Updated on Aug122010
Grid2 is built on the Zen Grid Framework which makes changing, updating and editing the template incredibly easy. If you would like to learn more about the Zen Grid Framework take a look at the Zen Grid feature item on the Joomla Bamboo Site, or take a look through the Zen Grid framework knowledgebase.
For specific instructions on how best to implement the Grid2 template please refer to the Grid2 documentation on the Joomla Bamboo site. The Grid2 documentation highlights a few small changes to the way that the template is implemented within the framework and it also highlights the module settings required for some of the modules you see here on the demo site so its recommended that you look over that article as well as the core Zen Grid Framework documentation.
Most of our templates come with quickstart packages that are as easy as setting up a standard installation of Joomla. Different server setups can often have different requirements for setting up Joomla and its probably best to search the Joomla.org forums to get an overview of the type of server environment that Joomla requires, but lets assume you already have the server set up and you are ready to install A JB template plus the demo content you see on our demo sites.
Although the Ecolift template is a simple design the default Joomla sample data doesnt quite do it justice and so here are a few steps to do if you are installing the Ecolift template into a default Joomla installation.
Elements to install.
- Install the Zen Grid Framework
- Install the Ecolift template and set it to default
- Install the JB LIbrary plugin and enable it in the extensions > plugin manager
- Install JB Slideshow
- Install Microblog
- Install the JB BB Code plugin (For two line menus)
- Install K2
Elements to unpublish
- Unpublish all modules in the right column
- Unpublish all modules in the left module position except for the resources module
- Disable the module title in the breadcrumb module
- Disable main menu items except for home menu item
Elements to publish
- Publish the search module to the search position and enable the search button. Also ensure the module title is unpublished.
Change the position of some elements on the page
- Move main menu to the menu position and make sure the module title is disabled. While you are there if you intend to use the drop down menus ensure that you have set up the menu as per this knowledgebase item and also removed the module class _menu that the main menu ships with by default.
At this stage you should have a pretty simple and straight forward site to start creating your site from. It's important to remember that the slideshow and micro blog modules rely heavily on images in terms of the way that they present your content so it might be worth adding placeholder or stock images in your content as you go through setting up the rest of the modules.
The screenshot below shows you the default Joomla installation after following the points above.
Last Updated on Aug122010
Page 1 of 3