Setting up with a fresh version of Joomla
Although the this Joomla template is a simple design the default Joomla sample data doesnt quite do it justice and so here are a few steps to do if you are installing this Joomla template into a default Joomla installation.
Elements to install.
- Install the Zen Grid Framework
- Install the template and set it to default
- Install the JB LIbrary plugin and enable it in the extensions > plugin manager
- Install JB Slideshow
- Install Microblog
- Install the JB BB Code plugin (For two line menus)
- Install K2
Elements to unpublish
- Unpublish all modules in the left column
- Disable the module title in the breadcrumb module
- Disable main menu items except for home menu item
- Disable the core banner module in the footer position.
- Disable the core footer module in the footer position
Elements to publish
- Publish the search module to the search position and without enabling the search button. Also ensure the module title is unpublished.
Change the position of some elements on the page
- Move main menu to the menu position and make sure the module title is disabled. While you are there if you intend to use the drop down menus ensure that you have set up the menu as per this knowledgebase item and also removed the module class _menu that the main menu ships with by default.
At this stage you should have a pretty simple and straight forward site to start creating your site from. It's important to remember that the slideshow and micro blog modules rely heavily on images in terms of the way that they present your content so it might be worth adding placeholder or stock images in your content as you go through setting up the rest of the modules.
The screenshot below shows you the default Joomla installation after following the points above.
Click to view a larger image.
|< Prev||Next >|