Recreating the frontpage layout
The screenshot below shows you the modules we have published on the front page of the demo site. Please see the descriptions below regarding the usage and any other relevant information of the modules.
Click to view larger image.
- Logo / Tagline - This is configured via the template admin as described in the Zen Grid Framework knowledgebase.
- Top4 - A core Joomla menu module is published to the top4 position and is being used to display the contact us and about us menu items.
- Menu - The menu is using the core Joomla menu module and is published to the menu module position as described in the zen grid framework documentation. The double line menu items are created using the YYVB BB Code plug-in. You can see an in-depth article on how to create these double line menu items via our blog post on the subject.
- Slideshow - The JB Slideshow3 module is published to the banner position. You can see the specific configuration below.
- Search - the search module is published to the search position. This is a position that isn't a core module position in the framework and has been added for this template.
- Main Content Area - This area contains a Joomla content items that have been published to the frontpage. A frontpage layout is assigned to the default menu item.
- Advert4 - This position has an instance of the microblog published in column mode.
- Right - There are various custom html modules published to the right position.
- Grid16 - This position contains a microblog module which also uses the -white module class.
- Bottom1 - This position contains a custom html module.
- Bottom2 to Bottom6 - These modules are using latest news and most read modules.
- Footer menu - the footer menu is a core Joomla menu published as a flat list to the footer position.
The screenshots below highlights the settings of the various modules included on the front page.
|< Prev||Next >|