Grid2 is built on the Zen Grid Framework which makes changing, updating and editing the template incredibly easy. If you would like to learn more about the Zen Grid Framework take a look at the Zen Grid feature item on the Joomla Bamboo Site, or take a look through the Zen Grid framework knowledgebase.
For specific instructions on how best to implement the Grid2 template please refer to the Grid2 documentation on the Joomla Bamboo site. The Grid2 documentation highlights a few small changes to the way that the template is implemented within the framework and it also highlights the module settings required for some of the modules you see here on the demo site so its recommended that you look over that article as well as the core Zen Grid Framework documentation.
Most of our templates come with quickstart packages that are as easy as setting up a standard installation of Joomla. Different server setups can often have different requirements for setting up Joomla and its probably best to search the Joomla.org forums to get an overview of the type of server environment that Joomla requires, but lets assume you already have the server set up and you are ready to install A JB template plus the demo content you see on our demo sites.
Choose this option if you already have your site created or have at least made changes to the default Joomla installation and want to overlay this theme onto your site. For a complete installation of the demo site on your server please refer to installing the quickstart package.
Installing the template is achieved using the same method as installing any other template or extension.
- Navigate to your Joomla admin area at yoursite.com/administrator
- Navigate to Extensions > Install/uninstall
- Click browse and locate the template zip on your harddrive.
- Click upload and install.
- After you receive the success message, navigate to Extensions > Template Manager
- Select the radio checkbox next to the Canvas template and then click on the button at the top right of the screen that says default.
- Now if you navigate to the front page of your site and you should see the Canvas template installed into your Joomla site.
The demo site for the Grid template showcases a number of different modules that accompany the template. Most of these modules and the JB LIbrary plugin can be found in the free extension and club extensions folder in the Joomla Bamboo download area.
The specific Joomla extensions used on the demo site include:
- the prettyBox module - used for the various galleries used on the site.
- the Extended Menu Module - used for the Superfish Menu and Panel Menu.
- the JB LIbrary Plugin - this is a system plugin used for all jQuery effects on the site.
- the jTweet module - used in the bottom slider area.
- the captifyContent module - used on the front page grid layout.
- JB Slideshow - Used for the ticker you see under the menu.