The panel menu made its first debut last month in the Organica template. The Panel menu is a versatile way to display.
The setup for the accordion menu is pretty much the same as the superfish menu except for one key difference - instead of using the superfish/menu.html template the menu uses the accordion/menu.html template.
1. Install v1.03 for use on Joomla 1.0 or v1.05 for Joomla 1.5.
2. Install the module by using the Joomla module installer.
3. Publish the module to either the left, right or inset position depending on your layout configuration.
4. Disable the module title.
5. Select the menu you want to use.
6. Select flat list as the menu type.
7. Set expand menu to yes.
8. Set use menu template to yes.
9. Set the menu path to accordion/menu.html if its not already set.
Here is a screenshot of the parameters used on this demo site:
Parent/Child menus in Joomla - Setting up the drop down menu in Joomla:
In order for the drop down menu to have child items (eg items that are sub menu items of the main navigation items) you will need to set the menu accordingly in the Joomla backend.
1. In the back end of Joomla navigate to menu ---> main menu (or the name of the menu you selected in the previous step.
2. Create the new menu item as per the usual method. eg choose whether you want it to be a url link, component link, blog category link etc.
3. Write the name of the menu item.
4. Publish the menu item.
5. Set the parent item for the menu item. So if you want to have the menu appear on the main level of the menu then dont select anything here or make sure the menu item is set to top. If you want the menu item to be a sub level menu item then simply select the menu item that already exists that you want the sub level to appear under.
6. Configure any other options that may be relevant for your menu link.
7. Click Save.
If you have followed all of the preceding steps then you should have a sliding panel menu that saves its state from page to page. This means that if a specific menu panel was open on the previous page then it will be open on the subsequent page.