Setting up The Landscape TemplateWritten by Administrator
This article outlines the steps required to replicate the layout and configuration of the demo site.Read more: Setting up The Landscape Template Last Updated on 03 September 2009
Template ConfigurationWritten by Administrator
Landscape comes with some flexible theming options as well as some added control to some of our favourite Superfish menu. You can change most of the visual elements of the template simply by selecting a different colour combo for your site. There are also 70+ icons available for use on the built in slider.
Read more: Template Configuration Last Updated on 05 September 2009
Installing the Quickstart PackageWritten by Administrator
Most of our templates come with quickstart packages that are as easy as setting up a standard installation of Joomla. Different server setups can often have different requirements for setting up Joomla and its probably best to search the Joomla.org forums to get an overview of the type of server environment that Joomla requires, but lets assume you already have the server set up and you are ready to install A JB template plus the demo content you see on our demo sites.
Read more: Installing the Quickstart Package Last Updated on 03 July 2009
Installing the TemplateWritten by Administrator
Choose this option if you already have your site created or have at least made changes to the default Joomla installation and want to overlay this theme onto your site. For a complete installation of the demo site on your server please refer to installing the quickstart package.
Installing the template is achieved using the same method as installing any other template or extension.
- Navigate to your Joomla admin area at yoursite.com/administrator
- Navigate to Extensions > Install/uninstall
- Click browse and locate the template zip on your harddrive.
- Click upload and install.
- After you receive the success message, navigate to Extensions > Template Manager
- Select the radio checkbox next to the Landscape template and then click on the button at the top right of the screen that says default.
- Now if you navigate to the front page of your site and you should see the Landscape template installed into your Joomla site.
Installing the ExtensionsWritten by Administrator
The demo site for the Landscape template showcases a few of our free and club Joomla extensions but not all. For a full list of the extensions that we have to offer please visit the main Joomla Bamboo site. Landscape is fully compatible with any of the previous joomla modules and extensions you can see on our other demo sites from Helio onwards.
Most of these modules and the JB LIbrary plugin can be found in the free extension and club extensions folder in the Joomla Bamboo download area.
The specific Joomla extensions used on the demo site include:
- Bamboo Box - A new gallery module for Joomla
- the Extended Menu Module - used for the Superfish Menu and Panel Menu.
- the JB LIbrary Plugin - this is a system plugin used for all jQuery effects on the site.
- the jTweet module - used in the bottom slider area.